Friday, June 21, 2013

Keep the Faith and Pay it Forward

Keeping the Faith and Pay It Forward

Yesterday I had an amazing experience that literally made my soul happy. Yesterday evening as I was going to go get some fast food, I was walking at our local market. As I walked by the first time I saw two homeless men that were sitting down and chatting. One was an older male with a sling in his arm, and the other was a younger man. As they were chatting I walked by them and said, "Hello," and they replied, "Hello," as well. I went to see if a local movie distributor had a movie I was looking for so they didn't. On my way back to see if my food was ready, I was stopped by the older man, "Ma'am I have a question for you," he said.  I turned around and said, "Yes sir?"  I walked back to him and he asked me, "Ma'am do you have any food to spare because it has been a while since we have eaten?"

I looked the the two individuals and I said, "Let me go in the market, and let me buy something so I may give you some money." As I said this I help up my figure like just wait one minute and I will. As I walked into the market, I proceeded to the soda isle. I hadn't felt well due to a migraine that I had gotten earlier that morning, so it had made me sick on my stomach, so I got me some of that. Then as I proceeded I went directly to the local deli section and they sold fried chicken, vegetables, and all sorts of stuff. As I was walking I was thinking to myself, "This is what God would do. He would help in any way that he can. I will not only get them some food, but also give them some money to help them."

So I told the lady at the counter, "May I get two boxes of 12 piece of mixed chicken please?"
"Sure" she said, "Any thing else?"
"Yes ma'am " I said, "May I also 2 small containers of corn please?" I said with a smile on my face
"Will that be all?" she asked back.
"No ma'am that shall do it" I said.

As I was waiting the lady asked me if I wanted to get a basket because all I was carrying was a 6 pack of drinks, and I needed more room to carry the food. So I asked if I could keep the chicken there waiting as I went to go get a basket, and as she prepared the corn and she had said, "Yes."

To my delight I had every thing that I needed, and as I went to pay I made a direct decision to give these two individuals; children of God some money as well. After I paid I asked the cashier if I could let my stuff stay there, because I didn't get any spoons for the corn, and of course she allowed me to do so. I went and got the spoons, and I made sure that each corn bowl and box of chicken were in separate bags. I felt like a kid on Christmas, but I was the one giving a gift to those that I knew that needed it more than I. It brought me so much joy that I could do this for two people and so I proceeded outside.

I walked a couple of feet from the main entrance and I said, "I bought you guys some food" and I passed them each of their bags. I said, "Now in each bag is some chicken along with some corn and a spoon." I looked up and the younger man was taken back. He said, "Let me give you a hug. Thank you so much. God bless you." As he gave me a hug I could feel his energy. His love that radiated from such  a kind gesture, and much to his surprise someone that actually cared. As he finished giving me a long hug, I proceeded to give the older man a hug as well. I am just a huger and why not give him a hug to. It is like spreading the love from one being to another. With the older man I could sense it had been a while he had even had a hug. Especially from one that gave one willingly with no expectations or anything of that nature. He said, "God bless you, and thank you for all you have done." I then proceeded to give them each a $20.00 bill. The younger man said, "Thank you" again and I said, "God Bless you. God had blessed me so I am here to bless you in anyway that I can." As I started to walk away, I stopped and I made a decision to give them each one of my drinkings. I walked back to the men and I said, "Wait I forgot to do something." The younger man was shocked and said, "What, what." I gave them each one a drink. I said, "Well with that chicken your gonna need something to drink right? Everyone needs something to drink."

As I stood backup the younger man gave me another hug and blessed me again. I blessed him and he asked me for my name and I gave it and he gave me his. They each were at amazement and my soul just felt grateful that I could help in anyway that I could. I walked away and tears wanted to flow. It was tears of happiness and love, and at the same time thinking that we are all God's children and that people should feel loved and accepted and have shelter, food, water, clothing. All of these things God wants for his children. We have all that we need on this planet so no one does with out. As my thoughts started to turn happier I said this is what I am needed to do. I have known this for a long time, but my soul yearns to help my fellow brothers and sisters. I see everyone as me. I see everything around me as me. I honor and respect this world that we call home.

Now by reading this you are probably asking how can you do something like that? Give something to complete strangers and they could do whatever they want with the money like buy drugs or alcohol?

My answer to you is, "Why NOT?" They are our brothers and sisters. Put yourself in their shoes. I do no judging. Human beings do enough of that. I expect nothing from no one. I mean NO ONE. I do things out of the goodness of my heart. I just want to do is right and that is to spread love, happiness, joy, laughter, peace, hope, faith, to anyone I encounter. I want people to know that their are people out their that do care. Yes I don't have enough money but if I can help someone and leave a print on their heart and let them know someone does care then I have done my job. I don't need nothing to be owed back to me for giving some sort of generosity to others. I just want others to be happy.

So, since is now my closing take what you have read and pay it forward. Do a loving thing for someone that has no expectations, no regulations, no contracts, no attachments and do something from the graciousness of your heart. Do what is right in your heart. Not your ego, but your heart. Do what God would do, and if you have trouble figuring that out ask yourself this question, "What would God do?"

With that being said have a wonderful weekend and may you find peace, love, and joy in yourself and spread it to others. Love and light to you all and GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment